Youth Employment and Transitional Services
Challenge has many opportunities to engage young adults with disabilities in the workforce. If you are a young adult between the ages of 16 and 24 and have a documented disability, we can prepare you for your next job!
- Guidance in obtaining funding from important state vocational rehabilitation programs (ACCES-VR, OPWDD).
- State-funded short and long term internships in the community with on-site training and supports.
- Long-term community job placement after graduation.
- After school and weekend paid work opportunities at Ithaca College and Cornell University.
- Participation in our Youth Employment Program (when eligible).
Youth Employment Program
We provide paid, supported work experience in one of Challenge’s Social Enterprise businesses or with a local employer. As part of this experience, you will take part in weekly job readiness training and career exploration.
Who is eligible? Youth and young adults 16 to 24 who meet income qualifications and have a disability or other barrier to employment, e.g. rural location.
You will learn about identifying vocational goals, learning interview approaches, formatting resumes, networking, communicating effectively, and searching for a job.